As I sat down to write this post, my skin pricked with excitement. In case it isn’t obvious from my earlier posts, I take my music (and my dance parties) pretty seriously, and I couldn’t wait to curate a list of prime Summer-worthy jams to share with you all.
I gathered all my tools – Spotify, Shazam, pictures on my phone, and texts I had sent myself because I never know where or when a song is going to grab me. I created a short set of rules to narrow things down:
- Songs had to be released in 2017.
- They had to have an upbeat and/or summer-y vibe.
- I wanted a variety of genres, in addition to a mix of well-known and lesser-known artists.
And let me tell you, it wasn’t nearly as easy as I thought it’d be to get it down to 5 Favorites! I just can’t seem to narrow it down any more. And so, without further ado, I present my 5(x2) Friday Favorites – Summer Songs for Shaking It:
1. “Solstice 2016” – Zach Gill Life In the Multiverse
2. “Hallelujah” – Noah Kahan Hallelujah (single)
3. “There’s Nothing Holding Me Back” – Shawn Mendes Illuminate (Deluxe)
4. “Second 2 None (feat Christine and the Queens)” – Mura Masa Second 2 None/Blu (single)
5. “Be the Man” – Rag’n’Bone Man Human (Deluxe)
6. “Bibia Be Ye Ye” – Ed Sheeran Divide (Deluxe)
7. “Seasons” – Shaggy (feat OMI) Seasons (single)
8. “Feel It Still” – Portugal. The Man. Feel It Still
9. “Whatever It Takes” – Imagine Dragons Evolve
10. “Radio” – Sylvan Esso What Now (Be careful of the kiddos on this one. It’s explicit.)
What are your favorite summer songs right now?