It’s the second day of August, and the coming semester is fast approaching with one school starting August 29th and the other starting September 5th! With just a few weeks left of little obligation, and just under 8 weeks until the autumn equinox and the official end of summer, I thought it would be a great time to check in on how everyone is doing with their summer bucket lists. In case you missed it, I shared my list of 50 activities here.
This is how the hubby and I are faring so far:
- Spend a long weekend on the coast – We’ve enjoyed both Block Island and the Outer Banks
- Go canoeing
- Have a bonfire
- Watch some fireworks
- Check out a new brewery – New to us this summer were Epicure Brewing, Fat Orange Cat Brew Co., and Steady Habit Brewing Company in CT, as well as Weeping Radish Farm Brewery in NC
- Go to the beach
- Have a yard game night – Done while we were camping and then coming up again this weekend
- Go on a road trip – Outer Banks, NC and Brownfield, ME
- Go camping with friends
- Try a new restaurant – We’ve managed to check out a couple of local places, one place on Block Island, and several in the Outer Banks. Here are some of our favorites: Sunset Ribs and Hannah’s Market and Deli in CT; Dead Eye Dick’s on Block Island; and Dancing Turtle Coffee Shop, Frisco Sandwich, Captain Rolo’s, Sandbar & Grille, Watermen’s Bar & Grill, and Good Winds Restaurant in NC
- Read books – Finished How to Be a Woman and Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear and deciding what to read next
- Make fried dough
- Play with sparklers
- Wear some glow jewelry
- Make a summer soundtrack or road trip playlist
- Visit an art gallery or museum – Seaworthy Gallery, Blue Pelican Gallery, and Indian Town Gallery in NC; Rose Arts Festival in CT
- Explore somewhere new – Block Island
- Listen to live music
- Collect beach glass or shells
- Go to the movies on a rainy day – We love movies, and though we tend to go less often in the summer, we’ve still managed to catch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Wonder Woman, and Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- Visit a farm stand – We’ve stopped at our favorite local place, Campbell’s Farmstand, as well as Grandy Greenhouse & Farm Market in NC
- Go tech-free for a day
- Watch the sunset (Lots of them!)
- Make/eat an ice cream sundae
- Create something – Do blog posts count?
- Have a water fight
- Make s’mores
- Make milkshakes/root beer floats
- Fly a kite
- Eat a lobster roll (Had a lobster grilled cheese on Block Island, but not a lobster roll)
- Go sailing (Stayed on my in-laws’ sailboat for 3 days, but have not yet been sailing on it)
- Watch a movie at the drive-in
- Make ice cream
- Watch a meteor shower or solar eclipse
- Throw a deck party (Building our new deck is taking a little longer than anticipated – too many fun things going on!)
- Write a book
- Go mini-golfing
- Get a massage
- Watch a baseball game
- Eat at a food truck
- Take a pottery class
- Perform acts of kindness
- Go to the fair
- Float down a river in a tube
- Take a scenic drive
- Go berry picking
- Throw a girlfriend slumber party
- Nap on a blanket in the sun
- Eat brunch with friends
- Play at an arcade
We’ve only accomplished just over half of the list so far. Guess we need to get our butts moving and make the best of the remaining weeks! I definitely have a few ideas for checking off some of these, and some of them will probably extend into fall, but that’s okay by me. Why should summer have all the fun?
What have you enjoyed most on your summer bucket list so far? What do you most want to still do?
8 thoughts on “Summer Bucket List Check In”
Wow – you may only be half way through, but I’m really impressed with all you’ve accomplished this summer. What a wonderful goal for you and your husband. You two must be having so much fun 🙂 My favorite on my list so far was a trip to Cape Cod. It was fantastic.
Fried dough?!?! Count me in! And I’m sure you’ve already performed many acts of kindness!
I still have quite a bit to do this summer as well. But the days are just moving by too fast!
WOW! You’ve gotten a lot done. Way to go!
Sounds like such a productive summer you’ve been having! Our summer is officially over now, but I’m determined to take advantage of the evenings and weekends to keep the bucket list going!
Love this!! Makes me want to make a fall bucket list 🙂
Love it! Me and my boyfriend get bored too easily, so we will have to try these out!
This is such an awesome idea. I love all the stuff you’ve accomplished! Love that you had a water fight. So nostalgic! 😉
My summer bucket list went out the window lol. We did whatever, whenever. It’s fun to see that you stuck to your list.